Naked Brain News

It's kinda like news for smart people and stuff.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Such amazing form.


Last night I was thinking about hanging up a portrait of George W. Bush in my house. I really admire the shape of his face, the subtle curve of his nostrils, the beautiful lines running from the sides of his nose to his supple mouth. The color balance between the peachy skin and his silver hair is breathtaking. There is so much emotion in the lines around his eyes, so much tension and beauty.

Really, take a look at some of the works of that crank Leonardo da Vinci for example. Mona Lisa, monacrapola, I really believe, that George Bush's face, is as beautiful as the Mona Lisa's.

Do yourself a favor, try to remove yourself from pre-conceived notions of fame and proper art. Look at the Mona Lisa without knowing it's famous, look at it as lines, it's shadows, how light plays with it's surface, and decide if it really is more beautiful than the portrait of George Bush, or than a broken refrigerator, or a dead pigeon on the side of the road. I'm starting to realize it's all the same... aesthetically speaking. If I include how I feel about Bush, the intent of Leonardo da Vinci, the recognition and fame and glory of the most valuable painting in the world, then I'm not judging it because of how it looks, but on how it makes me feel due to society, control and knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home